Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 deville
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2004 dts is not getting power to the driver side front and rear doors.i need to know is it a fuse or a relay,i have the owners manual and nowhere does it say anything about changing the fuses for the power windows *PLEASE HELP*:confused:

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,489 Posts
Re: i have a 2004 dts thats not getting power to the driver side door

Your Deville Touring Sedan is not a 2005 or later model "DTS".

The Deville name died at the end of the 2004 model year, the car was changed considerably and all subsequent trim levels were "DTS".

·
Registered
2004 deville
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: i have a 2004 dts thats not getting power to the driver side door

as i stated my car is a 2004,cadillac,deville dts

----------

your deville touring sedan is not a 2005 or later model "dts".

The deville name died at the end of the 2004 model year, the car was changed considerably and all subsequent trim levels were "dts".
i have a 2004 deville dts

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
There are no fuses or relays for specific doors.

Is it just the windows that are the problem, or is there no power to the doors at all?

Did the problem start with both doors at the same time!

----------

as i stated my car is a 2004,cadillac,deville dts

----------

i have a 2004 deville dts
Yes, but you posted in the '06+ DTS forum. Your car is a Deville. Your thread was moved to the FWD Deville/Fleetwood forum.

·
Registered
2004 deville
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are no fuses or relays for specific doors.

Is it just the windows that are the problem, or is there no power to the doors at all?

Did the problem start with both doors at the same time!

----------

yes, but you posted in the '06+ dts forum. Your car is a deville. Your thread was moved to the fwd deville/fleetwood forum.
no power to the doors at all and this problem occured all at once,i pulled the back seat up to straighten the seat belts and thats when it all stopped working.i still have power to the front passenger door.

----------

Im new to this forum but thanks for your patience

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,819 Posts
plenty of folks here more tech savvy than me, but I would probably start with pulling up the back seat and looking for loose ground connections. These cars have a butt load of ground points all over the car. just my 2c worth.

·
Registered
2004 deville
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
plenty of folks here more tech savvy than me, but I would probably start with pulling up the back seat and looking for loose ground connections. These cars have a butt load of ground points all over the car. just my 2c worth.
i really appreciate the help ill do that now and come back with the results in the meantime i still need help!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts