Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Sedan Deville
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driver's side front window has become increasingly slow over time. It eventually stopped working completely and would make a grinding noise. There is a picture of what the motor looked like once I removed it from the door.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,793 Posts
WOW! That puppy was really stressed to break like that. Might take a good close look at everything else to see if anything is binding.

·
Registered
1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9
1,540 Posts
Was reading that silicone lube works great in the window tracks.
There are some youtube videos about cleang and lubing window tracks.
The slicone lube is supposed to be the prefered lube for most all the door parts

·
Registered
1993 Sedan Deville
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm...I posted a followup to my initial post, but it's not there. Anyway, I did clean the big horizontal and large vertical channels with Sil-Glyde (Napa's silicone grease), then sprayed the big spring looking thing in the middle of the regulator with AeroKroil.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but so far it's the fastest window in the car. Time will tell ;-)

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1993 Sedan Deville
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm probably jinxing myself but so far so good. Its surprising to see how much the workings of the window motor move....so far so good.

----------

Why would a salvage yard say the window mechanicals are integral to the door. One local place told me i'd have to buy the whole door....impossible to remove the window motor and regulator. Are you kidding me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts