Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2004 deville that I bought 3 years ago with 60,000 miles on it. It is about to hit 100,000. Over the past few months I have been doing some maintenance.

New monroe quick struts in the front
New Monore air shocks in the back
New rotors and pads all the way around
New Front motor mount
New front hubs

I just did the motor mount this weekend and it made a huge difference (shifts very smooth now and reduce noise hitting pot holes). The problem I am having is I still have a slight clunk when putting the car in reverse near the back of the motor on the drivers side, once in awhile I will hear a slight clunk turning into a parking lot at higher speeds but not always. Is there another mount located there? I have a feeling the front has been bad for awhile so am guessing the others could be worn out. I do have the vibration at highway speeds. You feel it in the floor and seat then the steering wheel. I have had this vibration since I got the car so its not from any of the work done. Does anyone have the locations of the other mounts? Are they as much of a pain to change as the front was?

Thanks for all your help

Jim

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
There are 4 drivetrain mounts. The front, and both side mounts are hydraulic. The rear mount is solid, and usually doesn't need to be replaced.

As for the vibration, remove any corrosion from the rim/rotor/hub mating surfaces, whack for wheel/tire damage, and torque the lug nuts by hand, in a star pattern, to 100 LB/FT. If all else fails, find a tire shop that does road force balancing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I didnt add this to the list of what was done.

4 New tires Road forced balanced
cleaned all surfaces myself when I did the brakes and rotors.
all work is done by hand and torqued unfortunately lol.

Have any idea how much work the rear mount is? I just noticed that I have a slight vibration in reverse if that helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ranger. I was able to do the front mount with help from the posts here. Are there any posts showing how to change the rear mount? I have searched but only come up wit the front mount.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,622 Posts
I don't recall any for the rear mount. It seldom fails. Probably not much different though. Might try YouTube.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts