Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
My 95 Deville, parents' 90 Fltwd Brougham. Many more!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

My 04 Deville with 65k miles has recently developed a suspension squeak. It's only noticeable at slow speed, it usually doesn't do it over bumps but more at slow speed parking lot turns, like into a driveway. It will also do it at slow stops and starts.

I put it up on the hoist and of course I can't duplicate it in the air, in fact it won't even do it on the ground by just bouncing it up and down. It seems to require more front/back and
offside motion.

Everything looks good underneath and I sprayed some silicone spray on all the suspension bushings to see if that would quiet it and it made no difference.

Any thoughts? It has become more noticeable over the last month or so.

·
Registered
2005 Deville
21 Posts
Sorry to piggyback on but this sounds similar to my symptom on my 2005. Mine happens on the right side only during left hand turns when the weight loads on the right side suspension. I haven't heard it while traveling straight and the suspension compresses. Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
Deville 1995 Deville 1999
11 Posts
I have had the same issue on a 95 and a 99 DeVille, but on the rear, passenger side. On the 95 I sprayed everything WD-40 and other lubricants and the sound mostly disappeared. I tried the same on my 99 but it did not work (yet). I have come to suspect that the rubber coil spring insulator (a rubber donut on the ends of the springs) are worn. A mechanic thought the same thing when I demonstrated the noise to him. I haven't fixed it yet, so it may not be the issue.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,800 Posts
had the same problem on my 2003 DeVille. It was the front strut mounts, which don't always get replaced with the front struts, unless you ask for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts