Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After removing hold down bolts (2) from the EGR valve, it will not budge. Almost like its cemented in place. Am I missing something ? Is there a third bolt somewhere ? Or perhaps it will take a BFH to dislodge it . Would appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
05 Deville
401 Posts
What year are we talking about.
On mine, 2005, when you take it off there are 2 nuts that come off that allow the metal shield to come off, then there is 2 more nuts under there that hold the EGR in place.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,326 Posts
Yup - perhaps a judicious rap with a soft mallet. Hot exhaust gas and carbon buildup CAN act like cement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What year are we talking about.
On mine, 2005, when you take it off there are 2 nuts that come off that allow the metal shield to come off, then there is 2 more nuts under there that hold the EGR in place.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,026 Posts
Glad to see your question sounds answered. Now if you're of a mind, a question on a completely 'non-thread related' topic. We just had a recent thread trying to root cause and possibly troubleshoot what appears to have just happened to you.

Can you recount what steps resulted in your initially posting just the quote, and then causing you to have to follow up immediately with a subsequent post with your related comment?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My initial inquiry had to do with steps on how to R&R the EGR valve on a 2004 Caddy Deville. After unbolting the heat shield successfully, I was unaware that two (2) additional nuts had to be removed. Beyond that I'm somewhat puzzled as to your "....your initially posting just the quote .." and ".....causing you to have to follow up immediately with a subsequent post..." . My subsequent post after asking the first question was to acknowledge the solution provided by the person providing it . So about sharing some clarification on YOUR post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts