Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 & 86 D'Elegance:86 Brougham:96, 02, 04, 05 Deville
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Deville with the XM capable radio, but no RDS. Can I swap this radio with a radio from a 98 Seville? The Seville radio has the RDS on it but no XM. Will I lose the XM capability with the older radio or will one of the weather channels register the XM signal? Also, what if anything to I have to do regarding the Theftlock if I can change these radios?

This Deville also is giving me a very weird problem with the RR window. The window will only go up and down if the door is open using either the drivers button or the door button. When the door is closed I hear the click at the motor, but the window just doesn't move. As soon as the door is open wide the window works fine.

I've also noticed that when I start the car, cold or hot, it idles at about 1200 and then within about 30 seconds slows itself down to 900, 850 and then finally 650. Once at 650 it always idles there, no surging, no stalling, the car runs like new, just it idles high at startup...anything to be concerned about? I looked for codes the other day and nothing appeared, but I don't know if a full driving cycle had been performed since the last reset.

The back-up sensors seem to be working intermitantly for me too. Sometimes they do everything they are supposed to and sometimes I get the one red light flashing at me when I'm in reverse. Yesterday I shifted straight from Park to Drive and a bell sounded once as I passed by Reverse?? What do I have going wrong here?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,494 Posts
The fast idle at start is textbook absolutely perfectly correct. Even on a half warm start it may idle at 850 for 30 seconds or so, and some people interpret that as "hard gear engagement". Not to worry. DO NOT reset "all codes" every time....leave the PCM codes alone, because it takes a while to get enough complete drive cycles to have the system show a "ready" light to an emissions test set.

Not sure about your radio(s), but most of these critters have the car's VIN programmed in because the radio is an integral part of the anti-theft system. Careful.

My URPA sensors did the exact same thing for a week, two years ago, and haven't been a problem since. BUT, you might use some magic words and crawl under the rear and attempt to check the 4 connectors.......not a picnic, but a loose connector will do what you describe. In the GM Factory Service Manual there's a test sequence to find out which sensor is hiccuping.

The RR window sounds like a wire in the door accordion boot or the switch itself. Not sure about this one, either.

·
Registered
78 & 86 D'Elegance:86 Brougham:96, 02, 04, 05 Deville
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info :) I guess I will leave well enough alone with the radio...it might be more trouble than it's worth and then it may not work the way I want it to anyway, although I do like the RDS and DPS features of the older radio, but don't want to lose the ability for XM...

The back-up sensors are no big deal for me, but maybe when I get some time I'd be interested in learning about that sequence test.

The window is a more important item for me and I will be addressing that soon. Thank you for pointing me in a couple of specific places, I was really at a loss of where to start looking :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts