Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 cadillac cts, I recently replace the redactor and took it out for a test drive when I notice that it won't go on gear, I notice that the transmission line on the passenger side was out, (I did not properly connected it) and the transmission fluid drain out. I connected the line and added 4qt of transmission fluid, the vehicle will go foward but it would not go on reverse. Can anyone help. Please

·
Registered
2007 CTS 2.7L
511 Posts
Follow the process to check the fluid level. You could still be low, or you put too much in. Automatic transmissions are picky about the levels and do weird things. Also be sure you have the correct fluid.

Google it. There will be videos and everything. Here is one:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the steps to check the transmission fluid level, the level is good the car drives foward but no on reverse and if I put it on neutral it also drive foward.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Follow the process to check the fluid level. You could still be low, or you put too much in. Automatic transmissions are picky about the levels and do weird things. Also be sure you have the correct fluid.

Google it. There will be videos and everything. Here is one:
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes la linkage is still atactch. Could it be something with the neutral safety switch? Or dose it needs to be reprogram or something?

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
804 Posts
I hope you do not have a damaged waveplate. That meant a new tranny would be required (like in my other car).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts