Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have a 2004 CTS and none of my windows will go down. I can control the locks and mirrors from the drivers side but the windows. I can hear a slight noise when I push the switch but nothing happens. I have also tried to put the windows down by going to each door and they do not work either. Any help would really be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m having that same issue my self I bought a new driver door switch control and still nothing happening I’m so lost on what it is!

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
840 Posts
If all windows do not work, have you checked the fuses?
The first thought was the regulators or the motors. But if all the windows do not work, check the child safety switch, or there may be a short or broken wire that ties all the switches or motors together.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve checked all fuses like when I press the button to roll a window down there is a click coming from whatever window I try but that’s all

·
Registered
2005 CTS, 2004 Chev Tahoe
7 Posts
Hi everyone I have a 2004 CTS and none of my windows will go down. I can control the locks and mirrors from the drivers side but the windows. I can hear a slight noise when I push the switch but nothing happens. I have also tried to put the windows down by going to each door and they do not work either. Any help would really be appreciated.

I believe that was the beginning of the ECU failing on mine. I would lose the ability at random to control windows, locks, HVAC, stereo; the instruments would all zero out and stay there while driving.

Pull the pos+ terminal on the battery, press the brake pedal a few times, wait 5 minutes, reconnect and try again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts