Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I need suggestions as I inherited my mothers CTS last September and I am ready to sell. 2004 with 87000 miles. Car runs excellent, except for one minor flaw. When it get about 85 + degrees over here, the AC does not work.Just blows hot air. Otherwise, when it does work, it blows icy cold. Also, sometimes if it doesn't work, I turn it off, wait for about 5-10 min, turn on and then it blows ice cold, again, it cannot be above 85 degrees out. I work at a performance shop and they cannot figure out what is wrong. I want them to check it out one more time before I sell. Any suggestions for what they should look for? Yes it has been charged but like I said, it does blow ice cold...when it wants to.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Do you hear the blend doors switch when this happens? Does it go from cold to hot in just a few seconds, or is it real slow? My first thought is the temp sensor is malfunctioning.
Watch it with the car running, hood open. Does the compressor clutch stay engaged even when the AC starts to blow hot? or does it disengage? If it stays engaged, then I think it is the above and the sensor thinks it is too cold and runs the heater..

If it seems to slip or disengage, Have you tried cleaning the AC clutch?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you hear the blend doors switch when this happens? Does it go from cold to hot in just a few seconds, or is it real slow? My first thought is the temp sensor is malfunctioning.
Watch it with the car running, hood open. Does the compressor clutch stay engaged even when the AC starts to blow hot? or does it disengage? If it stays engaged, then I think it is the above and the sensor thinks it is too cold and runs the heater..

If it seems to slip or disengage, Have you tried cleaning the AC clutch?
Blows hot right away. Will blow cold (maybe) when it cools off tonight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
FrannyLW