Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum. I am Looking at a 2004 CTS-V with 70k Miles. New rear diff and axle in June of 2007 at 46k miles. Does this mean it has the better 1.5" diff? Is this a good deal assuming the rearend is solid?

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
:welcome:

is the car in good shape? seems like a good buy. it should be the updated rear but you would have to varify the part number

·
Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,414 Posts
This thread makes me wanna

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,189 Posts
I can't believe my 5 year old V is still worth 15-18k!

Woohoo!

Almost 5 years and the damn thing is worth close to half what I paid for it after 50k miles!

I'm not kidding, a depriciaton factor of about $450/mo on a very used car, not bad.

If I was looking for a used car for about 15k, I'd jump on that. How much more can it go down? Zero is the limit!

You're gonna have a blast with that $15k hoopty!

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
358 Posts
That is a good deal. I paid 18k and change for an '04 with 30k on it in December. With tax, title, license, and a 5 year warranty, I ended up spending around 22k. Good thing I got the warranty though, considering I got a new differential and transmission out of it in the last 3 months.

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. It would have an updated diff. They wouldn't have been using any old ones at that point in '07.

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero
1,646 Posts
I hate these threads... :(

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
How many are left? They'll be collectors items for sure..... just keep holdin' out.:jerkit:
Can't wait for my 40K 2009! Another few weeks....

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
I paid $28,700 for my 04 with 46k several years ago. I dont like this thread at all.

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,742 Posts
I've got a pristine platinum/ebony '04 with 15k on it that still looks (and smells) like it did when I purchased it new. Not a scratch on it. Since I bought an XLR last year, it basically sits in the garage, waiting for the occasional errand. Hard to believe it's only worth around $20k now. I'll most likely be selling it in the next few months to someone who will be buying a nearly new vehicle for a song. Depreciation sucks, but most cars aren't bought to be investments.

CC

·
Registered
852 Posts
DO it!! Good buy!

·
Registered
CTS-V
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys, I stole this thing..Seriously...I paid $14750 for this and it still has a warranty for 8,000 miles or until August of this year. I just have to pay $50 to transfer it.

I did a used car inspection before purchasing from the private party and the dealership found a bunch of stuff under warranty that they replaced.

1. Oil pan gasket
2. Axle seal
3. Oil pressure sending unit.
4. Motor mounts
5. Power steering hose

Also the rear has been replaced twice on this car with the most current one done in 2007. About 30k miles ago. I guess the radio has been replace a few times as well.

I have shown this to family and friends, and when I tell them what I paid for it they dont believe me. "No way, that had to be over 20k"

This car is a lot of fun, and Ive only had it for 2days

Thanks for the words of encouragement on this deal. It helped put my mind to ease on the biggest car purchase of my 25yr old life.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
358 Posts
You're making a huge mistake if you don't invest in a GMPP warranty through the dealer. For like 2.5k (which is what I paid) you can get a 5 year 48k mile warranty.

Like me, you got a killer deal on a car, now take what you saved and get you some insurance so when stuff starts breaking, and it will, you are covered.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Make sure you call a bunch of dealers to get quotes on the GMPP, I paid alot less than $2,500 for GMPP with rental and $100 deductable.

Congrats on the car, these things are a kick!

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
14750?!?!? Holy crap! You did great! I have yet to see one with a green title go that cheap.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
I'm in California, but the best deals on factory warranties I've gotten have been in Arizona.

I wonder if my GMPP is going to be worth a crap when GM goes BK?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts