Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 cts 173.000 mi that was given to me great car except no reverse I just performed a service on it replaced filter and fluid, the old filter see photo and fluid smelled burnt no trouble codes put it in drive and it performs no jerking or hesitation what could be wrong with it? Please advise

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
1,889 Posts
Sound like the trans. is low on fluid. How much oil did you put back into the transmission?

Reactions: RyanY

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >133k miles
811 Posts
As @TheFlash suggested the fluid may be low. I don't know how much you know about the CTS, but the level must be checked with the car running.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello thank you for the reply,
I think it took around 5+ quarts and I did fill it and check it while running. Here are the symptoms all forward gears shift smooth no slippage, but when you go into neutral it goes forward, reverse feels like it is being held back goes into park no problem, also while running and in neutral it will not roll freely, but hit neutral with the car shut off and it rolls no problem, no leaks, lines look good.
I also removed the shifter and the adjustment bolt and bushings are good, please advise?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello thank you for the reply,
I think it took around 5+ quarts and I did fill it and check it while running. Here are the symptoms all forward gears shift smooth no slippage, but when you go into neutral it goes forward, reverse feels like it is being held back goes into park no problem, also while running and in neutral it will not roll freely, but hit neutral with the car shut off and it rolls no problem, no leaks, lines look good.
I also removed the shifter and the adjustment bolt and bushings are good, please advise?
Your car requires 9 quarts of fluid. Fill it while its running, otherwise it'll appear full when it's not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts