Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 2004 cts. the problem is it wont start the key wont come out of the ignition. However i dont know if i need a ecm or a starter. when i turn the key it doesnt make a sound. When i tried to jump the starter relay the car also did nothing. so my question is do you guys think its a starter or a ecm.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,037 Posts
Re: 2004 cts need help

If you only put the year and model of your car in the thread title and something generic like "need help", nobody has any idea what the thread is about, and thus they are less likely to open the link and offer you advice. If you put a more descriptive title on the thread then folks who are browsing the forum can see whether it involves something they may have experience with or be knowledgeable about and you'll get more interest in the thread. I'll update your thread title to help a bit.

As for the problem at hand, how exactly did you try to jump the starter relay?

A bad starter wouldn't cause the key to stick in the ignition.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for that key release do i just have to stick something in one of the holes or do i have to pull out the cover.

·
Registered
'98 Eldorado '04 CTS
1 Posts
Same issue with my '04 cts. Replaced the ecm, that wasn't the problem. I'm sure you will find that your shift lever is not lighting and indicating that the car is in park. Disconnect the battery and reconnect. Once you get the park indicator to light, you will be able to remove the key. There is an electrical problem somewhere between the tcm and the shifter, I'm guessing. Still working on resolving it. Don't waste your money on an ecm, as many people on this forum have suggested.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have disconnected the battery and left it unplugged for about 15 min. and still no lights in the shift lever. do you think its the ecm at this point

·
Registered
"Angel Dust" 2004 White Diamond CTS 3.6L-V
390 Posts
I'm experiencing a similar situation with my 2004 3.6......any other solutions?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts