Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6 110k miles
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 CTS 3.6l
I can not find the location of the headlight ballast. Can someone point me in the right direction? I’ve seen this ballast say it fits on some web sites and the exact brand and part number on other web sites say it doesn’t fit. Very confusing but a great deal if it would work as replacements. 2 for a total of $45 with free shipping

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
249 Posts
You have HID headlights? That would have changed the conversation with me in your other thread.

I might have overlooked it tho...

Sent from Earth II using Tapatalk V

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6 110k miles
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have HID headlights? That would have changed the conversation with me in your other thread.

I might have overlooked it tho...

Im not sure. I have whatever is factory installed.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
249 Posts
Are your lights white with a slight blue tinge or yellowy white?

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
249 Posts
Pulled this off the net.

Thank you to the owner of the pic.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
249 Posts
How many miles are on it? Looks damn near new.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6 110k miles
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How many miles are on it? Looks damn near new.

Yea it’s really pretty clean 110k miles. I bought at the Goodwill last week for $2500.lol no joke

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
249 Posts
You most likely have halogen (90%). The yellow white. I can't be sure by looking at the pix.

Here's what they look like. Top is halogen. Bottom is HID.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6 110k miles
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You most likely have halogen (90%). The yellow white. I can't be sure by looking at the pix.

Here's what they look like. Top is halogen. Bottom is HID.

this is mine. I’m guessing it’s halogen so I wouldn’t have ballast. I’m going to remove the housing tomorrow, again, and check for sure.

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
1,102 Posts
If you have Headlight washers, you have HID. The ballasts are built into the headlight assembly and are removable.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,879 Posts
It would appear that you have factory HID. I only say that, because I can see a distinct separation of the little gray triangle piece. That is the washer assembly. What size are those rims? 16 or 17"?

The picture that you posted that led you to believe that you have halogen, is actually the high beam. The low beam is the upper part, which is behind that projector lens. Both HID and halogen has the projector lens.

KOT

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6 110k miles
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
It would appear that you have factory HID. I only say that, because I can see a distinct separation of the little gray triangle piece. That is the washer assembly. What size are those rims? 16 or 17"?

The picture that you posted that led you to believe that you have halogen, is actually the high beam. The low beam is the upper part, which is behind that projector lens. Both HID and halogen has the projector lens.

KOT
16” rims. I’ll take light assembly off again tomorrow to investigate. That little triangle in the headlight assembly is a tiny little light that looks like the old fashion flash bulb to a camera which the side lights are too.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,879 Posts
Well, the 16” changes what I said. Hopefully they are factory wheels too. If they are, then 99% sure you have halogen for low beam. 17”&18” wheel packages had HID, 16” had halogen.

As for the triangle, I am talking about that gray piece. That kinda points towards between the upper projector low beam and the lower high beams. Check this video out for the washers in operation.

Any word on testing things with a multimeter?

KOT

1 - 17 of 17 Posts