Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this 04 cts. I turn the ignition on and dash lights come on etc. I trun it to crank and everything goes blank. So I pulled the starter relay and jumped it and the car starts up and idles. I have no dash gauges working as well as no throttle. This is my first cadillac and am new to common issues and fixes. Anyone have any ideas to help a fella out? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The image is what I see after jumping the car via the starter relay.

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
448 Posts
The first thing I think of is corrosion at a ground point. I would do all, but the easiest ones first. Passenger shock tower under the hood, then driver and passenger forward door jams under the threshold moldings. After those show OK, then to the other engine grounds.Next the direct ECM ground. Disconnect the battery before disconnecting EACH ground Clean and use dielectric grease. Good Luck.

Reactions: RyanY

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All grounds cleaned and prepped. Still same issue. Im leaning between the control unit or the ignition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read on another thread that if there are no lights on the shifter then it would be for sure ecm problem. Gonna order a replacement and see if that fixes it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts