Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Cadillac wont start it wont even crank just simply nothing and it wont let the key go out but if I let it sit for an hour or so it'll start right away with no problem. This just happens when I drive it for long periods. Does anyone know what this problem is?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,045 Posts
If you fill out your profile with your year and model information, then you don't have to put that information into the subject line of your thread. Instead, you can put something meaningful in the subject line, so it will draw people who might be interested or knowledgeable on the subject into your thread. Something like "Car won't crank, won't release key after long drive", for instance.

And no, I don't know what the problem is, as I've never experienced it. I know I've seen plenty of threads that talk about the key not releasing from the ignition.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had the same problem.check the complete fuse block underneath the hood on bottom right.my fuse box was not connected all the way.you have to screwit off and the connectors are at the bottom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Id say more than an hour

----------

joemalone said:
I had the same problem.check the complete fuse block underneath the hood on bottom right.my fuse box was not connected all the way.you have to screwit off and the connectors are at the bottom
I unscrewed the box but there's no connectors underneath, is there 2 different fuse boxes? Do I have to get under the car to reach it?

·
Registered
2003 CTS
4 Posts
Could be the crank position sensor. I had a similar problem, replaced the sensor and no more starting problem.

I also have a problem with getting the key out sometimes. I end up tapping the gear shift lever towards the dash and then try again and it comes out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stlbryson said:
Could be the crank position sensor. I had a similar problem, replaced the sensor and no more starting problem. I also have a problem with getting the key out sometimes. I end up tapping the gear shift lever towards the dash and then try again and it comes out.
Where did you get the sensor from and for how much, and for the key theres a little hole under the steering wheel just stick a screwdriver in there and it releases the key.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts