Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've lived with the 'catalyst efficiency below threshold' light for a couple of years because the OEM replacements are so expensive and I've heard that not all aftermarket cats are reliable. Light will go out after a long drive at speed through the desert, so the cat is marginal on emissions and not clogged or anything. Cats are original, about 105k miles on the car.

Decided to finally take the plunge and now my mechanic tells me one side OEM cat has been discontinued and would cost $3300 to get a pair NOS. Not gonna happen.

Is there an aftermarket set which bolts right in and gives long service? Most of what I'm finding are universal fit.

Would appreciate lessons learned if this is something you've done yourself.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,854 Posts
Welcome to CF !!

MAYBE something in Eastern Catalytic's website.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,246 Posts
I have no experience with them, but Davico makes a right hand setup - 19625 on their website, available through Rock Auto. Not sure why they only sell one side. :unsure: Maybe contact them to see about getting the other side made?

Try posting a want ad in the CTS/CTS-V Classifieds? There are plenty of folks who have installed headers and might have their old cat pipes laying around.

Otherwise, I'd say getting some universal cats welded into your existing cat pipes would be the most cost effective way to go - certainly way better than $3300!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Eastern Catalytic doesn't have any 5.7 liter options. I'll call Davico and see what they say, thanks. Also will try the Classifieds.

I've been lurking on this forum since I bought my V in 2012. Lots of useful info, helped me spend quite a bit of money on the car! The forum seems a lot less active these days.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,854 Posts
Saw your ad in the CTS-V Classifieds forum.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,246 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot about Trubenz! I've never used their cat pipes, but I've bought cat seals from them a couple of times (the donut gaskets between the cat pipes and the cat-back).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
124 Posts
If you want somewhat stock reliability and sound you can get Magnaflow universal that will work. That is what I have on and they've been on a couple of years. Got them from local parts store for about $125/ea. You;ll need a muffler shop that does cut/weld to cut your connectors off the original cats and weld them onto the new ones. For under $500 I have clean and legal cats that work just fine and flow much better than stock without being obnoxious. They're tied into a Borla catback so I didn't want the high flow ones listed above. System would be too noisey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts