Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS luxury
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have what I think is a noise lifter in my cadillac, sometimes the noise is somewhat loud sometimes the noise isn't even there, it is a clicking sound. I recently had an oil change about 100 miles ago and I still have the noise lifter, so I bought some Lucas oil additive which is a synthetic oil and I have been told by many it is real good stuff, and can help get rid of many noises. I added the lucas oil and the noise is still there off and on. Does anyone know what I can do or try, to fix this problem without haveing to replace the lifter or having to rebuild the engine. Thank You.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,046 Posts
Make sure your oil is filled to halfway up the hashmark on the dipstick - no more: It's easy to overfill a Northstar which leads to excessive oil consumption.

Then, read the article in the Cadillac Technical Archive, up in the black bar ^^^^, titled "Occasional full throttle operation is good for your engine".

The oil additives won't help you: Your engine has static hydraulic lash adjusters and roller cam followers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts