Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Devilles: 04 Base,01 base,01 DHS,92 (parents)
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am now the proud owner of two Cadillac Deville's one my original 2001 base model and now a 2004 base model that fell into my lap I had an extra key made it has the transmitter in it so they copied the key (ace hardware ) The car now generates the code msm b1845. Ignition tamper circuit failure. Any ideas how I can fix repair modify this ignition circuit?

I do not have any remotes for the car yet I'm fixing a few of the little annoyances first.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,278 Posts
Hello all I am now the proud owner of two Cadillac Deville's one my original 2001 base model and now a 2004 base model that fell into my lap I had an extra key made it has the transmitter in it so they copied the key (ace hardware ) The car now generates the code msm b1845. Ignition tamper circuit failure. Any ideas how I can fix repair modify this ignition circuit?

I do not have any remotes for the car yet I'm fixing a few of the little annoyances first.
===========================
did you "match" the new key to the car?

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,819 Posts
if memory serves, another way to put it is: you don't program the key to the car, you program the car to recognize the key.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay I didn't do anything to the car except get in turn the car on with the new key and drive away. So the answer is no I did not match the key to the car. I'll start looking for a document or three telling me how to do it unless you guys can point me in the right direction.

Thank you gentlemen..

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,489 Posts
I believe the procedure is in the owner's manual. PassKey - III instructions for new key recognition.

·
19,278 Posts
Okay I didn't do anything to the car except get in turn the car on with the new key and drive away. So the answer is no I did not match the key to the car. I'll start looking for a document or three telling me how to do it unless you guys can point me in the right direction.

Thank you gentlemen..
============================
Okay I didn't do anything to the car except
get in turn the car on with the new key and drive away.

well - THERE'S your problem -

to match the new PK3key -

Start the engine up with a working key -

Shut the engine off -

within 10 seconds, insert the next key you want to learn
and turn it to "ON" -

when the security light goes out,
that key is programmed.

Repeat for the next key,
up to 10 keys can be programmed per car.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes that is the problem. No owners manual in car. None at salvage yard to pick up (already looked). Only have had few minutes to look online. And hadn't gotten around to downloading one.

Thank you.. I will do this tomorrow..

·
19,278 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts