Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have an 04 CTS w/ 26,000 miles. When I start it up, it makes a low pitch clanking/rattle noise from the engine for about 4 seconds and then goes away. Has anyone experienced this type of problem?

Last week the dealer installed a new timing chain tensioner, but it failed to correct the issue.

Thanks

Robert

X

·
0 Posts
if that was on older engine I'd say you had a main going out...are you using the right viscosity oil for your weather?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if that was on older engine I'd say you had a main going out...are you using the right viscosity oil for your weather?
Cadillac changes my oil every 5,000 miles with synthetic. I hear the noise in all weather conditions ranging -35F to 95F.

thanks

X

·
0 Posts
Im old school. That thing could have any freakin' thing making noise on it. That exact symptom in the old days was usually a main knock as the oil pressure built up. A rod knock was constant and horrendous. A mechanic should be able to listen to it and tell you if that was the case. It would be VERY odd to have a main knock on that engine with those miles. VERY odd. If it is then it is major. It is likely something else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts