Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to pick up a new toy. Im into the 4 doors more than the coupes. Not looking to go full race car. Just looking to do HCI and full exhaust and have something fun to rip around.

The LS6 / T-56 setup in the CTS-V is probably the more fun @ stock 400 whp. While the L77/ 6L80 @ 355 whp is more conservative, especially with the automatic transmission.

But finding a PPV with low miles is tending to be a bit more difficult than the CTS-V. Which i would have expected.

I just want to hear from owners or from others with experience in these cars. Im looking to make a purchase sooner than later.

·
Registered
2005 3.6L AY6 stock
34 Posts
I was literally just thinking about moving on from my 2005 CTS v6 to a Caprice ppv. It's hard to find the precise details, but there are people who have used a g8 engine harness, repinned it, and installed a TR6060 instead of the 6L80.

You can also use the G8 carpet set, although it's shorter than the Caprice. Depending on year, you'd need the G8 console, or the Chevy SS console and dash.

The summary is, to make it nice enough to be a civilian car, you have to buy a decent amount of interior bits. Also, the L77 has displacement on demand, which has the rep of killing lifters/valvetrain.

I thought a lot about this, but I think I'm sticking with my CTS for now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was literally just thinking about moving on from my 2005 CTS v6 to a Caprice ppv. It's hard to find the precise details, but there are people who have used a g8 engine harness, repinned it, and installed a TR6060 instead of the 6L80.

You can also use the G8 carpet set, although it's shorter than the Caprice. Depending on year, you'd need the G8 console, or the Chevy SS console and dash.

The summary is, to make it nice enough to be a civilian car, you have to buy a decent amount of interior bits. Also, the L77 has displacement on demand, which has the rep of killing lifters/valvetrain.

I thought a lot about this, but I think I'm sticking with my CTS for now.
I also own a 2005 CTS and its a nice car but im looking for something i can take to that next level. Wouldnt care as much about interior as functionality. The cts/ cts-v pretty much share an interior besides the leather/suede upgrade in the v and the factory navigation setup/ touchscreen setup on the dash. And it is really isn't much. At all. Very plastic and not really roomy. The purchase of the cts v for me, would be for drivetrain. Which is why the Caprice PPV is also in my eye of sight. Im also not sure as too exactly what upgrade parts the L77 would take (compared to other LS motors) and how far it can go. I know there is a tune that can turn off the displacement on demand. I've also seen a few PPV 's running around supercharged as well. ??‍♂

1 - 4 of 4 Posts