Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know your guys' opinions. A 2003 CTS 5-stick 220 hp vs a 2004 CTS 5-auto 255 hp. Judging from epinions.com, 2004 seems more luxurious and quiet and the 03 feels more sporty and sounds better. Its just that everyone complains about the 03 having a "lame duck" engine. Oh well, whats half a second? I mean every ciggarrette you smoke is like 7 minutes less to your life or whatever.

·
Registered
150 Posts
03EscaladeAWD said:
I want to know your guys' opinions. A 2003 CTS 5-stick 220 hp vs a 2004 CTS 5-auto 255 hp. Judging from epinions.com, 2004 seems more luxurious and quiet and the 03 feels more sporty and sounds better. Its just that everyone complains about the 03 having a "lame duck" engine. Oh well, whats half a second? I mean every ciggarrette you smoke is like 7 minutes less to your life or whatever.
My well broken in 03 with stock with synthetic oil and a Corsa catback will outrun a 1000 mile 2004 3.6. (yesterday outside the airport in Phoenix) Well broken in, the 2004 will beat the 03, but not by much. It DOES have noticeably more torque. Cubic inches are always a good thing

·
Registered
53 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
id take the 2004 auto but hey its not a big deal

My dad has a 2003 CTS 3.2 auto with the sport package. I have the 2004 CTS 3.6 auto. My car has 700 miles, his has 10K I smoke him from a start, and from a roll. Much more torque in the 3.6! The 3.6 has longer legs too.

·
Registered
150 Posts
99 WS-7 said:
My dad has a 2003 CTS 3.2 auto with the sport package. I have the 2004 CTS 3.6 auto. My car has 700 miles, his has 10K I smoke him from a start, and from a roll. Much more torque in the 3.6! The 3.6 has longer legs too.
I think the 3.6 is a way better motor for the CTS too, but I still haven't seen a huge improvement in the straightline performance. Bigger is usually better, especially with a relatively heavy car like the CTS.

Define "smoke him." At the local dragstrip "amateur night" night the difference between the two isn't more than one to one and a half cars in the quarter, and frequently is closer.

The 3.2 won't be missed when it's gone, but it gets generally bum rapped more than it should. Hell, I'd like a 3.8 as the standard engine with a non-Z06 V/8 as an rpo.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So waht are your guys' opinions on the feel? Which one feels sportier? I heard the 04 had to soft a ride and is the only GM car without the exhaust rumble.

·
Registered
150 Posts
03EscaladeAWD said:
So waht are your guys' opinions on the feel? Which one feels sportier? I heard the 04 had to soft a ride and is the only GM car without the exhaust rumble.

The 03's are pretty quiet too when stock. I don't think either can be charactorized as sportier than the other. If you want a nice exhaust note, get a catback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
catbert