Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So first I hope I'm posting in the right place. The issue that I'm having is that I went from a 1994 Seville to a 2003 STS. The 1994 had a bunch more leg room than does the 2003. The seat doesn't go back any farther. Is there a way to make more leg room. Can the seat rails be moved back or can I buy longer ones? Any suggestions would be helpful

·
Registered
2001 STS
1,575 Posts
I can hear you !
Even though Im only 5' 10" Ive found my 01 to be a bit restrictive for leg room compared to my 93.
To tell the truth, I would have enjoyed another inch or two in the 93 even.
But was able to become quite comfortable by using the other adjustments to compensate.
But have been finding it a bit more difficult to acquire the same comfort in the 01.

I personally like to sit low to the floor, with my back quite vertical, my legs fairly straight (a slight bend in the knee the same as what is recomended when measuring for a bicycle), and my arms extended with also the same "slight" in the elbows.

It amazes me that it is much easier to get into that position in a vehicle that has the manual snap and roll levers.
Seat rolls back
Back snaps up

Think Ive gotten to the setting now though that is comfortable.
But am concerned bout the first long drive come the summer.
Will probably be playin with the adjustments for the whole 4hrs to the cottage, only to be sore and pissed when I arrive.

Then hope for the best on the way home.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
I just went from a '97 Deville to an '02 SLS and although it is not uncomfortable, at 6'-2" I sure miss that little extra. It is the only drawback.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Not much in the back seat either. You might try a hack saw...on your legs...LOL Simply not much leg room in an STS. I can sympathize.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
Rick99STS said:
Not much in the back seat either. You might try a hack saw...on your legs...LOL Simply not much leg room in an STS. I can sympathize.
Are you crazy? There is tons of leg room in the Seville's. Of I forgot to add, I am only 5'7":histeric: Anyway, I have my seat set to go fully rearward in the exit mode. In this position, I can only barely reach the pedals with my toes. My inseam is 31". I guess anyone with a 35" or 36" inseam would find it cramped. For the original poster, just rip out the drivers seat. Use the rear seat.:bonkers:

Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts