Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2003 STS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car used and the previous owner swapped out the air controlled struts with standard struts. I found the thread to use the resistors to "fool" the system and installed on the front struts however I can not find the wires to the rear struts. I don’t know if they cut them and tucked them in somewhere or what. Does anyone know where these would run from or if there is another place to wire in the resistors for the rear?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,336 Posts
Our cars use front struts and rear shocks. None are "air controlled". The shocks incorporate air bladders as part of the Electronic Level Control which compensates for extra weight in the rear seat or trunk. ELC is NOT suspension control. The struts do not use any sort of air control.

Our suspension control is the Lord/DELPHI Magnetic Ride Control system (RPO F55).

The 5 Watt 2 Ohm power resistors are jumpered across each strut/shock wiring pigtail. The shock pigtails plug into the top center shaft of the shock.

Look carefully at the F55 suspension shocks in RockAuto - the top center shaft is protected (shipping) by a blue plastic cap in the pictures.

F55 Seville shock.jpg

·
2003 STS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Submariner409 it's the pigtails for the rear shocks that are missing the only thing I see there is an airline.

(EDIT: Did you read Post #2 ? Sub.)

·
Administrator
70,336 Posts
The electrical pigtails (as well as the top of the shock shaft) are inside the trunk. The wheelwell carpeting has to be removed.

The air lines connect to the upper side of the shock shell / body.

·
Administrator
70,336 Posts
Wheelwell carpeting, side and upper - not the trunk (floor).

·
2003 STS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Submariner409 Found the pigtails and installed the resistors. The speed limited to 90 is now gone but still have the service suspension system flashing. I cleared all the codes and will drive a couple of days to see another code pops up. Is there something else I need to do?

·
2003 STS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Submariner409 Found the pigtails and installed the resistors. The speed limited to 90 is now gone but still have the service suspension system flashing. I cleared all the codes and will drive a couple of days to see another code pops up. Is there something else I need to do?
I've cleared the codes a few times now and I'm still getting RSS C0625 which is the left rear position sensor. Is this the same as the pigtails in the trunk that i put the resistors on or something else?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,985 Posts
I've cleared the codes a few times now and I'm still getting RSS C0625 which is the left rear position sensor. Is this the same as the pigtails in the trunk that i put the resistors on or something else?
======================
I've cleared the codes a few times now and I'm still getting RSS C0625 which is the left rear position sensor
clearing the codes does absolutely nothing -
other than erasing the code - temporarily - from the suspension module -
a "current" code will constantly be reset until the actual problem is fixed -

Is this the same as the pigtails in the trunk that i put the resistors on or something else?
NO - it is a ride height sensor - your STS has 4 of them -

the left rear sensor is GM 25728489 - around $45 on ebay -

·
Administrator
70,336 Posts
Here's your F55 MRC suspension height sensor - LR - check the connectors and link rods for all 4. Our suspension height sensors are also used for the rear ELC system.
LR height sensor.jog.JPG

1 - 11 of 11 Posts