Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Seville SLS Crimson Pearl
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2003 Cadillac Seville SLS, with a crimson pearl exterior. I was told it cannot be waxed, or it will ruin the shine on the car. Is this true?

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,496 Posts
Whoever told you that was full of crap. I waxed my crimson pearl STS twice a year. She always looked good :thumbsup:

Wax away my friend, you have nothing to worry about.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,798 Posts
Ummmmmm..................Washed at least monthly, polished and waxed twice a year using a Porter-Cable orbital buffer with microfiber bonnets and extremely fine swirl remover, followed with Pinnacle Souveran carnauba wax.

I would strongly suggest that you get into www.autogeek.net, do some studying, and get their wash/polish/buff/wax DVD.

:welcome:..............Hey !!! Welcome Aboard. You are about to step onto a very rapid learning curve as applies to your car....................

·
Registered
2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT
5,607 Posts
I own a 2003 Cadillac Seville SLS, with a crimson pearl exterior. I was told it cannot be waxed, or it will ruin the shine on the car. Is this true?
I have never seen a direct visual comparison to prove this, however:

When I was working at an autobody shop through high school, I was taught that excessively waxing will actually temporarily dull the COLOR until it's all stripped. It's supposedly more apparent on certain colors than on others. Never heard of dulling the shine, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts