Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Seville
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can the amplifier for the non Bose audio system can be found in a 2003 Cadillac seville

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,380 Posts
Re: 2003 SLS amp

You need to trip the top rear seat back retainer locks and remove the seat back. Remove the amp retainer bolts. Now go into the trunk and lower the carpet from the bulkhead. The amp connectors are on the Electronics Bay.

If you are "upgrading" the sound system, know that the original head unit and system are part of the car's theft, TheftLock and security systems. Do something wrong and you wind up with lots of electrical/electronic problems - and the car may not run at all.

Sounds like you NEED a subscription to www.alldatadiy.com.

Rough initiation, but Welcome Aboard !!! :highfive:

Your Seville is a Seville Luxury Sedan. Car specific questions go in the proper car forum. The Lounge is for general chit-chat. The title banner for each forum specifies what is supposed to be posted there.

·
Registered
2001 eldorado,2008 DTS,2005 XLR, '96 eldo,'95 eldo,' 89 eldo,'78 eldo,'11CTS-V
1,850 Posts
T
There's an amp for the non-Bose radio? Learn something every day...

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,380 Posts
I was looking at the service/repair procedures for "with UX9" and "without UX9". I have no idea if the most base system has the amp(s) integrated in the head unit, but..................

Here's the quote from the service manual that steered me to the section on "amplifier replacement" - "The Radio, Stereo, and Compact Disc system is configured with a base or uplevel system. Both the base and uplevel systems contain a radio, antenna, speakers, and an audio amplifier."

and

"Base radio (U1R) - AM/FM, cassette, CD, ETR and DELCO amplifier"
.......... plus six other upgrade versions, all with either a base or uplevel amplifier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts