Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 D'Elegance, 03 Seville SLS
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 03 Seville with the non bose radio. Does anyone know if the plastic piece covering the display comes off? There are stains on the inside and its driving me crazy.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
Yes it does. You are lucky my HU is pieces here on my desk (I am replacing the lights with white & amber) LEDs.
The best way is to take the front fascia out (involving dismantling the radio up to the last screw (literally). But you can go around that using a flat and soft (plastic) blade, flat enough to get between the small gap around the display cover piece.
Insert the flat tool in the middle of the bottom edge (between BOSE and THEFTLOCK) push up and out (calculated force, careful not to bend, and careful not to crack). Best is to do-it in the middle of a hot day. The middle bottom edge should pop out. Do the same with the top edge. Once the middle is released, you have to bow the middle of the display cover enough so the left-side (the edge towards the VOL/PWR button is released. Then pivot the screen cover around the right edge to clear the HR/MIN button and pull out. It might be some sort of mushy glue here and there but if is hot is soft.

Here is a view of the back of the display protector plate. Notice the point where the yellow arrows point. These are the small “teeth” holding the edge. In the tip of the green arrow is a small slot where you can insert (from outside) a small blade to pry the bottom of the screen.

Here is the EXACT placement of the slot (green arrow). The yellow arrows are the snap points. Insert blade as green arrow points and push up and out (calculated force).

Here is a drawing showing how much the “teeth” are embedded in the slots in the HU fascia (beyond the edges). Notice the left and right edges are better secured. As mentioned once the middle is free bow the plastic enough so the left side comes clear from behind the edge. Due to the button on the right you have to remove that part last by pivoting around the right edge (like a hinge) to clear the button then pull out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts