Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Seville SLS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm trying to find out which XM unit will work in my car. I have a 2003 Seville SLS with the U1R option radio. It doesn't have a satellite unit and I want to be sure to get the correct one. I was told that Satellite Radio Receiver 22692861 will work. Does anyone know? Thank you, Keith

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
XM modifications are not in my knowledge bag - but know that the original factory radio (head unit) is programmed with THAT vehicle's VIN and is part of the content theft, TheftLock and serial data systems. Make modifications correctly or you open a continuing Pandora's Box of electrical and electronic gremlins.

·
Registered
2003 Seville SLS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The other day I posted a thread about my radio. I'd like to ask another question about my radio. I need advice on upgrading my sound system without going aftermarket. I have a U1R head unit and I'd like to add a satellite (sirius/xm) to my current radio. The other option would be to replace the entire radio with another Cadillac unit that has a satellite unit included. Does anyone have any information on the radios or maybe a web site with the information I need? I see a lot of stock GM equipment on E bay and of course it all will work in my car.....right!

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,257 Posts
The other day I posted a thread about my radio. I'd like to ask another question about my radio. I need advice on upgrading my sound system without going aftermarket. I have a U1R head unit and I'd like to add a satellite (sirius/xm) to my current radio. The other option would be to replace the entire radio with another Cadillac unit that has a satellite unit included. Does anyone have any information on the radios or maybe a web site with the information I need? I see a lot of stock GM equipment on E bay and of course it all will work in my car.....right!
----------------------------
U1R seems to be a non-BOSE system -

U2K is the code for the SAT radio -
and I believe it is only available as a BOSE system -

if I am correct -
you would need to convert your entire system to a BOSE system -

while not impossible - VERY difficult -

-------------------

if you must have sat radio -
get an adapter for your current radio -

1 - 6 of 6 Posts