Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Seville SLS
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Seville, Okay one night i noticed my Passenger side foot well dark.. If i recall it was lit at one point haha.. What's the code for the bulb for it? Also while vacuuming my interior i thought i saw a little bulb.. Then it clicked lol. Otherwise cars running perfect no complaints.

Thanks all!
-Wes

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
So... in no particular order, here's what's happened in the last several weeks:

MASSIVE power steering leak, from the pump seam.

Coolant leak.

Trans leak,

Oil leak.

Severe random cylinder misfire.

Front right strut no longer functioning electronically.

The entire cooling system is less than 3 years old other than the heater core. Don't know what's leaking yet but not happy about it.

The external Trans seals/gaskets were replaced when the engine was studded.

The engine was completely reseal ed when it was studded.

I also found when cleaning looking for the oil leak, that one of the steering rack boots were full of fluid. So the 2 year old OEM rack has a bad seal.

The strut is about 3 years old, MAYBE 30K on it.

The misfire is being diagnosed at a shop. Why at a shop? For the same reason I haven't looked into where the coolant or trans fluid leaks are coming from..... I don't care anymore.

I am completely and utterly sick and tired of fixing this car. Not just because of the obserd amount of things that go wrong with it, but a combination of that, and having to fix the same thing 2 or 3 times. You all know I use OEM or better parts, and either install them by the book myself or have a dealer do it (Corsa disaster excluded).

I think I'm just done trying, done caring. I don't think I'm going to get rid of it just yet, but no more trying to keep it as pristine as I'd like. There's no point. I mean I understand one high quality replacement part failing prematurely, but multiple parts, some more than once???

My plan at this point t is to just keep it drivable. Wash it once a week or two. If something breaks it can go to a local shop and they can put whatever parts they want on it and warranty it.
Add to ^^^that^^^ a failed converter that broke up and lodged itself throughout my exhaust, necesitating its removal and disassembly. That's how the STS has been doing. :alchi:

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Seville SLS
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Add to ^^^that^^^ a failed converter that broke up and lodged itself throughout my exhaust, necesitating its removal and disassembly. That's how the STS has been doing. :alchi:
Damn moist sorry to hear that, idk what the deal is with your car its almost to the point where everything will be new and yet something always goes wrong. I feel bad for ya I know how much you love that car. Hope things get better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts