Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
cts
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 CTS and would like to update to the newer rear light panel as on 2005 and newer CTSs. Is the 2005 light panel a direct replacement part?
Ha anyone done it? Does anyone know approximate cost?

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
Yeah its a direct match, and they come already painted from GM. If youre still under waranty, its free (the old ones have this nasty tendancy to collect water). If not, I have no idea how much it will run you but it will be pricy. Some guys have worked out a deal with their dealers, especially if they just bought the car.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
They have a tendancy to fill with water vapor and condensation. If yours is still clear after 3 years, it likely doesn't leak. If you want to order one, get one from GMPartsDirect. First go to CadillacFAQ.com and download the CTS parts list. It has the part numbers for each color (on the second to last page, lower right corner). Then plug that PN into GMPDs site, and you'll likely save $150 after S/H. They run $312 there, plus S/H (usually around 17%). MSRP is $520.

They are a direct replacement. I had mine done under warranty three months after I bought my car. It was sloshing with water.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
If you want a free one there are ways to make them leak. The old style is no longer made so a new style is the replacement.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
subnali said:
I have a 2003 CTS and would like to update to the newer rear light panel as on 2005 and newer CTSs. Is the 2005 light panel a direct replacement part?
Ha anyone done it? Does anyone know approximate cost?
Get a louvered bezel like I did and call it a day...$200....especially if you have no leaks...

·
Registered
08 Platinum Escalade, 08 CTS, 01 TransAm WS6, 07 SolsticeGXP
478 Posts
Use a pressure washer with hot water.
Get it all soaked and foggy.
Tell the dealer that about 30 guys on the Internet had it replaced for free.
Enjoy it.

Worked for me!

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
I just told them it is a known problem. The dealer complied and I will have mine replaced next Tuesday. Though, he had it in very quickly, now I am wondering if he might got hold of one of the last old style bezels...?

I will just get it soaked again... :)

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
i just told em mine was leaking water and there was condensation, so the service manager goes, well we will have to replace it, but since they dont make the clear one anymore, you will get the black one instead. I just went, oh alright with a smirk on my face. hahaha

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Ok, mine was replaced yesterday! It looks great. It's got a real sexy ass now!

Again, it looks different from the US version. I still have to post pictures, I just don't get to it. I hope this weekend!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I took mine back up to the dealer yesterday and asked them about it. He told me he had never heard of that and then he checked for recalls. Since there was no bulletin on it he wouldnt change it for me :( I guess i will wait a couple of weeks and try it again... maybe i can make it leak!

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
thornton04 said:
I took mine back up to the dealer yesterday and asked them about it. He told me he had never heard of that and then he checked for recalls. Since there was no bulletin on it he wouldnt change it for me :( I guess i will wait a couple of weeks and try it again... maybe i can make it leak!
Sarah,
The bezel can be removed very easily by nuts inside the trunk lid. Drill a 1/16 hole at the top, out of sight. Now fill it with a couple inches of water. Fill your hole over with a bit of soft crayon. Take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
thornton04 said:
Go back and slap that service manager like the bitch he is!!! By now they all have to know about it, even the morons at my dealership do!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts