Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't seem to fine an answer to this after doing some search's.

I bought 2 keyfob's remotes for my 2003 EXT, my truck only came with one. I programed them with the procedure that's all over the internet. They (3) all programed fine and I thought I tested all of them just after programing them (but maybe I didn't?). Now 4 days later only 2 of them work. I replaced the battery in the one that's not working and tried a few things with out any luck. 2 work fine 1 doesn't work.

I am wondering if since the Keyfobs are related to Driver 1 and 2 I can only program 2 remotes to work with my truck?

Anyone chime in with experience please.

Thanks DJ

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
I would guess you have a bad remote

I had this happen with my dad's h2 where the remote lost programming not long after we got the new remote(the old one would work fine)
Got a replacement under warranty and haven't had a problem since

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After further testing here's what I found out. Not that it should matter but all the remotes are aftermarket and were bought on ebay for $19 each

I went through this process several times and seem to have found the pattern. It turns out that all 3 remotes do work but the last one to be programed has a delay in locking or unlocking the doors. I found that that last programed remote if you hold the unlock or the lock button for 3-5 seconds it will eventually start working normally. But then the first one programed seems not to work. If you follow the same procedure with that remote it will start working properly but semi disable one of the other ones. I went through this pattern several times until I was satisfied that was how it was going to be. One other thing I thought was interesting was that when I get in my truck with what I thought was the first keyfob I programed the DIC displayed "Driver 3"
Kind of weird but true

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
It assigns the number 1 driver memory recall to the first remote you program followed by remote 2 and so on

Odd how it a delay on the last remote as mine doesn't do that. weird

1 - 4 of 4 Posts