Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps! I own a 2003 EXT with about 38k miles on it. White diamond, I am the original owner. Wonderful truck! Love it!

But, I have a problem with the driver's front seat electric controls. The seat will NOT move forward at all, it only clicks when I press the button. I bent down there and looked at some of the components under there and I saw there is a little electric motor that runs laterally(see attached picture).

1. Is this the motor that controls the forwards and backwards motion of the seat?

2. How can one troubleshoot this to be the motor problem?

3. If the motor is fine, what controls the motor?

4. How could I test the (button)switch?

5. How long is GM's warranty on this?

Thanks in advance and any help would be appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
02 ESCALADE
1,529 Posts
Not sure what the term is in years but I believe in miles its about 50,000. Correct me if I'm wrong. Its been a while since I purchased mine. It won't hurt to give them a call. If the dealer can't fix it, try a GM recycling yard for a used one.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
4 years, or 50K miles - whichever comes FIRST.

·
Registered
Cadillac
18 Posts
My 2003 is still under factory warranty I just had 6 problems fixed, It depends when it was originally sold. Call owners information number and they can give you exact date and mileage before warranty ends,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts