Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 escalade
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi new to the forum thanks for membership my 03 escalade starts but will not run could it be the pass lock ,any ideas thanks in advance for any thoughts on the problem

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Does the lock light stay on when you try to start the truck?

If so then yes the pass lock system is at fault there is a bypass module you can get here(http://newrockies.com/pro/) to remove the pass lock system completely

I plan on getting one to use with a push button start system

·
Registered
2003 escalade
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can anyone explain what the passlock system does to kill the motor does it shut off the fuel or the ignition or a combo of the two?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry, I meant that the fuel pump could be the issue. My truck had the same symptoms.....start run for 2-3 seconds and shut off.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
dcorazal said:
Sorry, I meant that the fuel pump could be the issue. My truck had the same symptoms.....start run for 2-3 seconds and shut off.

I had mine fail and the truck wouldn't run
You could crank it but it wouldn't run at all

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,454 Posts
May be fuel pump relay. Fuel pump could be pressurizing the system for starting but failing to come on after engine start.

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade EXT 2004
7 Posts
Check the wires connected to the battery. I had this problem until I found out one of the terminals were loose(even though it might look like it's in place, make sure it's bolted tight).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts