Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2003 base model and last week installed an aftermarket touch screen radio,I purchased the wire harness from a local steroids shop and can not get sound from the speakers. I've searched several pages and found different methods that helped others such as checking the cigarette lighter fuse,which apparently powers the factory amp,tried to tie into the 8pin harness with the remote wire to power the factory amp,retraced my steps and made sure the wiring harness for the stereo was correct and I'm at a loss.
The speakers work fine with the factory unit but the buttons are broke on it so it is stuck on a local blues station,thats the only reason I'm replacing it.
I am using the PAC LCGM24 harness which allows the Bose system to still be used but not the steering wheel control,which I'm not concerned about. This is my last ditch attempt before running all new speaker wire,which I really don't want to do...any tips are greatly appreciate

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,499 Posts
You may have fried your Bose amp if you did not remove the radio fuse before you installed the PAC module. You must remove the fuse to shutdown the Bose amp since it remain powered on even if the radio is not on due it being connected to the door/key reminder chimes. Therefore you must remove the radio/amp fuse located in the engine bay fuse box and then install the aftermarket radio and PAC harness. After the installation then you replace the radio/amp fuse and it should work. If you do not pull the fuse before installation then the Bose amp have a high chance of shorting out when the PAC module is connected to the harness and powered up. My PAC module instruction stated that warning about removing the radio/amp before installation.

·
Registered
2003 escalade
1 Posts
you are using the wrong harness you need a pac OS-2X or a RP5-GM11 the problem is that onstar and bose are all interconnected the only other way Is to run your own amp to each speaker

1 - 3 of 3 Posts