Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Escalade AWD 6.0L
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been talked about a lot, I did a forum search. But I can't seem to find any clear consensus as what to use in my front and rear differentials.

I just want to know.. can I go to Autozone and pick up some Valvoline 75w-90 gear lube and use that without the vehicile exploding? :)

I know about the GM $35/quart stuff but that's insane. It's really not rocket surgery back there is it? We just need some goo to lube those parts and we're good, at least that's what I was thinking.

I saw some stuff about some additive, but then I remember seeing something "official" about additives interfering with the performance of the differential, etc.

Help me here, please.. I want to do the job today but now I'm worried that my five bottles of Valvoline 75w-90 will somehow destroy the vehicle.

Thanks!

·
Registered
'05 ESV Platinum, 250,000 still looking fine, really fine!
1,133 Posts
I just looked at my Auto Zone receipt when I replaced the diff fluids, problem it was awhile back and the receipt has faded to the point of only making out a few words. But I did see that I went the Lucas route the 75w~90 sounds right.

Sorry I can't be of more information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts