Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2003 DTS
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 03 DTS is listed at 300hp but whenever i race my brother in his 08 5.7 hemi charger i always win. i always get him on the jump and he can never catch up. we have run over 100mph too. His car is listed at 340hp & he keeps it well maintained. Ive smoked an early 2000's model mustang gt as well as a 1995 impala ss.
:tisk:

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,751 Posts
300hp, 295 ft/lb torque, 3.71:1 final drive. You may get him out of the hole - if you had a Deville with the 3.11 final drive the Dodge would have you............

·
Administrator
70,751 Posts
wow thanks sub!!! any recommendations on which one to get?
The CORSA for your year/model - 2 large foam padded UPS boxes. 45 minute install on a hoist - piece of cake - one cut and change over the after-cat O2 sensor. Follow the directions to the letter - measure twice, cut once. The system is quiet in town and at idle and will wake the dead when you stick your foot in it. It's all straight pipe - no baffles anywhere and the workmanship is first class. Lifetime warranty. I'm happy with mine going on 5 years.

CORSA P/N 14151. Look in Amazon or eBay - should go for around $1100 - $1175.

EDIT #1: AutoPartsWarehouse is no longer a CORSA dealer.

EDIT #2: Looks like you'll have to click on the pictures for your system in the CORSA site and use the dealer locator function.

·
Registered
2004 DTS - 1989 Coupe de Ville (since sold)
52 Posts
Used to sell Corsa myself. Big fan of their stuff.

A comment/question somewhat in the vein of the original post (only a semi-hijack?), but I was just test-driving a 2004 DTS that seems like quite the dog. Good quick starts, smooth idle, decent throttle response off-idle. Just nothing to speak of when you push on it. Fairly dissapointed in fact.
Is this normal? Or should it have had more robust acceleration?

I realize this is a pretty heavy car(?), but I've driven other Northstars (last one was an '03 STS) that seemed much more powerful. No check-engine light, but did not look for underlying codes, if any.
Just wondering if this is normal, and perhaps it had the taller gearing? Didn't know until you posted the chart in fact, that there even were gearing options with these.

Anyway, glad you're able to put the others in their place Numbamane, but this one sure didn't seem like it would hold it's own to a MoPed!
Otherwise, it's a beaut.

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
I like this post! I smoke a lot of people and they get surprised as well! Imagine if this engine was put into a little toyota or something, man it'll haul some a**!!

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,448 Posts
The DTS does have a little less torque on the lower end and that may be what you are feeling (or not feeling). That said, the DTS and STS should be about the same or at least very close.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
The only realy noticable difference for me between the STS and DTS is the weight/size difference.

·
Registered
2001 DTS : 2005 CTS
200 Posts
no dang wonder I love my 01 DTS....aint never ever felt anything but great when I boot the girl....and she hauls ass on the highway tween say 80/130 kmph too....i.e. passing is so so so much fun, eh!

:)

Jim

·
Administrator
70,751 Posts
143 by GPS/145 by speedo (hard to read........). No speed limiter. Twice is enough. Car was very stable in a straight line.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,448 Posts
You do. Your injectors will shut down at 112 MPH. Only cars with Z rated tired from the factory don't have a limiter. I don't believe the DTS was so equipped, but you can check the tire sticker on the door (might be on the rear door).

·
Registered
2003 DTS
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks ranger. im going to check tomarrow once the sun comes up. i know i didnt see one on the front doors when i checked before.

·
Administrator
70,751 Posts
Speed limiter as indicated by the driver's door tire spec sticker.............or maybe - just maybe - by the original tire RPO in your VIN entered into the "VIN to RPO converter" sticky post ^^^.

Your car WILL NOT go to 140 - never. DTS speed limiter is not over 130..............

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,448 Posts
Just went and checked mine. The tire sticker is on the LR door. Mine are S rated. The DTS may be higher.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts