Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CADILLAC DEVILLE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed my rear ignition coilpack (used) i still had the misfire code because i believe the coilpack was no good because i drove for two to three weeks after the install and it shut off with no indication and will not start it only clicks from a relay in fuse box under thr rear seat. I am going to replace both coilpacks with new ones along with the spark ;lugs and boots and hope it starts. I used the meter and checked codes and it mentions both the camshaft and crankshaft sensor circuit but dont know why. Im wondering should i replace both too and maybe it will start then? I'm lost and dont want to spend thousands fixing do anyone have a clue?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,249 Posts
I recently changed my rear ignition coilpack (used) i still had the misfire code because i believe the coilpack was no good because i drove for two to three weeks after the install and it shut off with no indication and will not start it only clicks from a relay in fuse box under thr rear seat. I am going to replace both coilpacks with new ones along with the spark ;lugs and boots and hope it starts. I used the meter and checked codes and it mentions both the camshaft and crankshaft sensor circuit but dont know why. Im wondering should i replace both too and maybe it will start then? I'm lost and dont want to spend thousands fixing do anyone have a clue?
================================

I used the meter and checked codes
and it mentions both the camshaft and crankshaft sensor circuit
but dont know why

did you use the on-board code reader?

post the codes you got -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -

================

the original crankshaft position sensors are a known problem -
in the 2000 through 2003 Northstar motor -

it is NOT a question of IF they will fail -
but WHEN they WILL fail -

the typical symptom is stalling -
approaching a stop - or slowing to make a turn -

they may set a code -
but don't always -

------------------

CKP - Crankshaft Position Sensors -

ACDelco 213-1578 - $36.41 - with free shipping -
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C9JORO/?ie=UTF8&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER -

and -
ACDelco 213-1579 - $41.51 - with free shipping -
also from amazon.com

================

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,403 Posts
Study the Acronyms sticky on this forum's main threads page.

Here's a locator for the CKPs. Car up on a hoist, lower air deflector removed, probably the oil filter adapter also. Double locked electrical connectors. Each CKP is mechanically and electrically (connector) different. One gray, one black - made by DENSO, Japan. Originals were one tan, one black - made by Siemens, Mexico

CMP is in the face of the right (rear) cylinder head, just in front of the exhaust cam drive sprocket. 10mm retainer bolt, electrical connector.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,779 Posts
will not start it only clicks from a relay in fuse box under thr rear seat.
THAT doesn't sound like CKP sensors, BUT if you have CKP codes, replace them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts