Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Deville base
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replace my idle air control valve because I was having a problem with the RPM's jumping up since then the car is running great and in park rpms stay steady at 675 however sitting in park the car constantly shakes just a little bit I can feel it in the seat when I'm sitting in it it also does this when the car is stopped and In drive. it's not a huge problem but just wondering what this could be.

·
Registered
2003 Deville base
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't checked for vacuum leaks yet kinda not sure how to check.i did buy starter fluid just not sure where to spray it.as for the plugs I have had the car 2 years and it has 99k not sure when the last time was before that. it does start up fine everyone though.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,309 Posts
Spray the starter fluid around the plenum duct, particularly at the 6:00 position and flex it while spraying. Also at the PCV line where it plugs into the rear cam cover and anywhere else you see a vacuum line.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,394 Posts
Yep - you get a slight idle speed increase - increased "fuel" sucked in at the vacuum leak point.

Find the plenum and clamp in this picture - same engine, different air intake ducting.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts