Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2003 deville
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
code c0660 level control exhaust valve circuit malfunction

I've seen infomaton on how to fix this with escalades. But on my deville would this be possible to fix or would my compressor need replaced. I got a used one 2 years ago but put a new dryer on it along with all lines.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,481 Posts
Re: 2003 deville rim CO660

You could hit the junkyards and try to find a good control head - but not likely. When the filter/dryer dessicant can overloads with snot the control head is the first part to crap out.

·
Registered
1973 Cadillac Hearse, 2002 Cadillac DHS
288 Posts
Your air lines and shocks could also be full of water and that would kill any replacement compressor. Both of my rear shocks were full of brown mud. A new pair of Monroe MA822's are around $60-$80. Cheap insurance for a new compressor and they'll hook up to the the stock system with no tricks. Blow out your air lines with rubbing alcohol and shop air if you intend on reusing them.

·
Registered
2003 deville
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a used compressor from a 05 deville then new dryer, lines and ma822 shocks were put on about 2 years ago under 8000 miles. So it looks like I'll need a rebuilt compressor. I tried clearing the code which comes up current anyway immediately after and the compressor doesn't even do it's self test. Could this be a fuse or relay or would that throw a different code

·
Registered
Deville DHS 2004
4 Posts
Hi

Well, sorry for digging old topic. I drove Deville in Poland. Got A C0660 error recently, exchanged my compressor to new unit and no luck - error is still here. Also clearing the errors don't help. What else part need to be exchanged then? I also got a brand new air shocks.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,275 Posts
Hi

Well, sorry for digging old topic. I drove Deville in Poland. Got A C0660 error recently, exchanged my compressor to new unit and no luck - error is still here. Also clearing the errors don't help. What else part need to be exchanged then? I also got a brand new air shocks.
=
==========================
check fuse #64 under the back seat - this is specific to the compressor exhaust solenoid -
also check the #55 relay - this is for the compressor -

·
Registered
Deville DHS 2004
4 Posts
=
==========================
check fuse #64 under the back seat - this is specific to the compressor exhaust solenoid -
also check the #55 relay - this is for the compressor -
You're right, fuse #64 were blown, after exchanging to another one it blowns again. I reminded that error C0660 came out after changing to aftermarket radio and removing factory amp. Does those things could be connected some how? Do you know when I can search for short circuit?

·
19,275 Posts
You're right, fuse #64 were blown, after exchanging to another one it blowns again. I reminded that error C0660 came out after changing to aftermarket radio and removing factory amp. Does those things could be connected some how? Do you know when I can search for short circuit?
===============================
I reminded that error C0660 came out after changing to aftermarket radio and removing factory amp
:tisk: -
good luck - you're gonna need it -

·
Registered
Deville DHS 2004
4 Posts
===============================
I reminded that error C0660 came out after changing to aftermarket radio and removing factory amp
:tisk: -
good luck - you're gonna need it -
What you mean, I put a new amplifier and radio works good. Does is any air ride steering control in the factory amp?

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,819 Posts
What you mean, I put a new amplifier and radio works good. Does is any air ride steering control in the factory amp?
what he means is that the serial data buss runs through the OEM radio head unit. This means security system and tons of electronic functions run through it. If it wasn't done correctly, you'll be chasing electrical gremlins for a long time, or worst case, end up with a car that won't start at all. You might check the stereo/security/nav page on this site for more help. Not sure what you mean by "air ride steering control".

·
19,275 Posts
what he means is that the serial data buss runs through the OEM radio head unit. This means security system and tons of electronic functions run through it. If it wasn't done correctly, you'll be chasing electrical gremlins for a long time, or worst case, end up with a car that won't start at all. You might check the stereo/security/nav page on this site for more help. Not sure what you mean by "air ride steering control".
=======================
Not sure what you mean by "air ride steering control".
hit the VOLUME /\ on the steering wheel to raise the rear end - and SELECT \/ to lower it -

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,819 Posts
=======================
hit the VOLUME /\ on the steering wheel to raise the rear end - and SELECT \/ to lower it -
bass, I can't find mention of this in my manual. Is this a feature my car has?

·
19,275 Posts
bass, I can't find mention of this in my manual. Is this a feature my car has?
=======================
only happens with an aftermarket radio installed - :stirpot:

·
Registered
Deville DHS 2004
4 Posts
=======================
Undress yourself and guard the clothes if you are bored. Let's go back to serious discussion

1 - 17 of 17 Posts