Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Deville base
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passed month or so I have noticed a red spot of fluid on my garage floor.about 1 drop a week.possible transmission or power steering?any commen places to look?I'm not low on any fluids as I've been checking daily now.

·
Registered
2004 Cadilac Deville Base, 90,000 mile
28 Posts
Re: 2003 cadillac deville red fluid leak

I have a 2004 Deville, which leaks something colored too {possibly red}. Haven't got to the bottom of it yet.

·
Registered
2003 Deville base
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had a small oil leak from my pan gasket but this is definitely red not sure where it's from or what it is

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,999 Posts
I have had a small oil leak from my pan gasket but this is definitely red not sure where it's from or what it is
==========================
the only red colored fluid is trans fluid -

·
Registered
2003 Deville base
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks I thought the power steering was also I'll have to check.where would be a good starting point to check for leaks

·
19,999 Posts
Ok thanks I thought the power steering was also I'll have to check.where would be a good starting point to check for leaks
------------------------------
I thought the power steering was also
PS starts out clear - often turns brown -

where would be a good starting point to check for leaks
directly above the drip on the floor?

·
Registered
1992 DeVille, 2013 ATS 3.6
2,366 Posts
tlblack said:
like bass said. Maybe check the trans oil cooler lines. And the trans pan? Wipe it all down clean and keep an eye on it all to see if you notice any new moisture

·
Registered
2003 Deville base
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it has not drip in about a month and then all the sudden the other day I started to get one or two drips a day when the car is parked in the garage I'm assuming its transmission fluid because it is red the drip is always in the same location in the center of the vehicle and about a foot behind the oil pan towards the back of the car not sure what's there it could be coming from

·
Registered
2003 Deville base
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also forgot to mention I'm not getting any codes and my fluid has trans fluid level is good .it also says 100 percent on my dash

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,271 Posts
a foot behind the oil pan near the back is no where near the transmission. also, the DIC message of 100% has nothing to do with fluid level. Are you checking the tranny fluid level with transmission at operating temp, car on level ground, engine running and in park?

·
Registered
2003 Deville base
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I did check the trans fluid with the car running and it's fine.it hasn't leaked a lot just a drip or two a couple times a week.ive been keeping cardboard under the car to check for drips and everytime it drips it's always a drip mark directly (6inches) behind the oil pan towards the back of the car.its definitely a reddish color and not oil.

·
19,999 Posts
Yes I did check the trans fluid with the car running and it's fine.it hasn't leaked a lot just a drip or two a couple times a week.ive been keeping cardboard under the car to check for drips and everytime it drips it's always a drip mark directly (6inches) behind the oil pan towards the back of the car.its definitely a reddish color and not oil.
=========================
it's always a drip mark directly (6inches) behind the oil pan
towards the back of the car.
its definitely a reddish color and not oil.

just keep in mind that the spot where it falls off the car -
is NOT necessarily where the leak is from -

·
Registered
2003 Deville base
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok thanks I have checked everywhere underneath the hood and cannot see any leaking from anything next step will be to get under the car any suggestions where I should look first

·
Registered
98 eldo/KD54 w/N37,T96,QA1,D55,DS3,U1Z. U3R next
2,125 Posts
First place to look is the left side axle seal....the fluid blows back as the car runs down the road.

Transmission line leaks, possible but highly unlikely.

·
19,999 Posts
ok thanks I have checked everywhere underneath the hood and cannot see any leaking from anything next step will be to get under the car any suggestions where I should look first
=========================
and if you are that worried about a drip or two -
you can get the dye that fluoresces under a blacklight -
makes it real easy to find the source of the leak -

·
Registered
2003 Deville base
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
got under the car today it didn't leak at all today and I didn't see anything as far as where it would be coming from I'm just going to keep an eye on it I guess very strange

1 - 16 of 16 Posts