Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Cadillac Deville that is overheating. It seems like the only time it overheats is if it is idling on a hill, uphill. It doesnt when im stopped at a light or running or driving. I recently replaced the thermostat and it didnt fix the problem. I had the coolant flushed a few weeks ago so it has good coolant and is full. The fans do work but i have had alot of people say that maybe a relay or the temp sensor might be bad???? Anyone have any suggestions as to what to do next?? Also no leaks at al as far as i can tell.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,500 Posts
Sounds normal to me................

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Temp guage goes all the way up and then the intrument panel says a/c off and then that i need to idle car. so the temp guage tops out.

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,692 Posts
I have a 2003 Cadillac Deville that is overheating..... I had the coolant flushed a few weeks ago so it has good coolant and is full.
Did you have an overheat problem before the cooling system was flushed a couple of weeks ago?

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it had done it before. I had refilled the coolant with water when it did the first time and that was part of the reason i had the radiator flushed.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,163 Posts
Temp guage goes all the way up and then the intrument panel says a/c off and then that i need to idle car. so the temp guage tops out.
If it's going into the red and the cooling system is in good condition, you need to get a block test kit and check for exhaust gases in the surge tank.

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,692 Posts
I had refilled the coolant with water when it did the first time
If your overheating... then having to add coolant... then do as Ranger says and do the block test before spending any more money on the car.

·
Registered
2003 Deville
1 Posts
I have a 2003 Cadillac Deville that is overheating. It seems like the only time it overheats is if it is idling on a hill, uphill. It doesnt when im stopped at a light or running or driving. I recently replaced the thermostat and it didnt fix the problem. I had the coolant flushed a few weeks ago so it has good coolant and is full. The fans do work but i have had alot of people say that maybe a relay or the temp sensor might be bad???? Anyone have any suggestions as to what to do next?? Also no leaks at al as far as i can tell.

My 03 Deville is doing the same thing. Wondering what you did to fix the issue before I go broke trying to figure out what is wrong.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,163 Posts
:welcome:

Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer. 03caddyman hasn't been here since 03-30-11.

Do a search for overheating. LOTS of info on it. Start with the cheap and easy stuff, purge line, WP belt tensioner, surge tank cap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts