Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Deville base
258 Posts
I've had the same high idle problem with my 2003 Deville also I clean the throttle body and idle air control it seemed to help but every now and then when I throw the car in park it still jumps up to 2000 but slowly correct itself back down. also when the car is in park the RPMs stay normal at 650 but the car does do some shaking still not sure what this is

·
Registered
2003 Deville base
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I actually bought two cheapos from eBay for 10 bucks each I tried both of them and when I put them in the idle jumps up to 3000 and my check engine light came on took it out and put the old one back in and it went back to normal do I have to just let it go through a process or what I figured maybe one was bad but not two

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
$10?? There's cheap, and then there's absolute junk. If they triggered a CEL, they're bad.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Re: 2002 Base Deville RPM was high

Sometimes you really do get what you pay for. This might be one of them. You might try an A/C Delco unit, even if it comes from the Men's Mall.

·
Registered
2003 Deville base
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured so I ordered a Delphi one cuz a couple people on here said they had luck with those so I'm going to try that.would a Idle air control cause the car to shake when in park if it was bad? the RPMs when they are working stay steady at 650 In park but the car does some shaking you can feel it a little in the seat and the steering wheel but when driving it is fine

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Re: 2002 Base Deville RPM was high

would a Idle air control cause the car to shake when in park if it was bad?
I wouldn't think so.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,441 Posts
Clean it all again, check all your intake ducting and MAF band clamps, replace the IAC - then turn the key ON for 15 seconds, OFF for 30. Start the car and allow the engine to complete the normal fast idle sequence - 1200 rpm, 900 rpm, idle. Sequence times dictated by ambient and coolant temperatures and time since last start.

If, after the settle down to 650 idle, the engine shakes (idles poorly) you have other fuel or ignition problems. Run your diagnostics from the car's built-in scanner/memory system.

tblack, Your posts moved from the hijacked thread to this one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts