Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My standard White Diamond Deville has the chrome grille with the cadi emblem hood ornament. I noticed other standard Deville’s on the lot that had the gray grille with the cadi emblem in the grille. Any answers, I am thinking that Deville’s with the premium paint got the hood-mounted emblem.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
blazeone said:
My standard White Diamond Deville has the chrome grille with the cadi emblem hood ornament. I noticed other standard Deville’s on the lot that had the gray grille with the cadi emblem in the grille. Any answers, I am thinking that Deville’s with the premium paint got the hood-mounted emblem.
Standard Deville and DHS have a hood ornament. DTS has a grill ornament. DTS w/Night-Vision has a hole in the grill for the sensor and a "special" flush-mount badge on the hood right about where the standard car has the hood ornament. As I recall, the standard Deville and DHS have the chrome grill while the DTS has the gray grill.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Katshot said:
Standard Deville and DHS have a hood ornament. DTS has a grill ornament. DTS w/Night-Vision has a hole in the grill for the sensor and a "special" flush-mount badge on the hood right about where the standard car has the hood ornament. As I recall, the standard Deville and DHS have the chrome grill while the DTS has the gray grill.
I thought the DHS had the emblem in the grille too?

IMO the nightvision thing is really ugly, the grille looks weird, and I hate the flush mount things..... when I am driving, I just like to see the hood ornament there, it adds more to the hood....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that is not the case. I went to my dealer and I saw standard Deville's with the chrome grille and hood ornament and other standard Deville’s with the grey grille and the crest in the grille?? The only conclusion I could draw was the Deville’s with standard paint had the grey grill and Deville’s with optional paint had the chrome grills.

Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
After paying more attention to them because my dad has his new DTS, only the Base Deville has the hood ornament, as far as I can tell the DHS and DTS do not have hood ornaments. I kinda like the look of a hood ornament, it is more distinctive and it helps when parallel parking.

·
Registered
2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac Deville
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2001 Deville w/landau roof, white pearl color, chrome wheels and gold accented ornaments. I love the hood ornament standing up on the hood. I think it really accents the front of the car.

·
Registered
2000 Deville
89 Posts
Does anyone know who may be selling a hood eornament for a 2003 Deville, i have a 2000 but i like the newer look of the more squared emblems, and i know about checking with the dealer, i was just hoping someone on here had one they wanted to part with i have tried the junkyards but here in Dallas, all of the torn up Caddies are made of Gold, well atleast they want to sell the parts like they were made of Gold

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Premium, Saturn Vue XR
493 Posts
I always wondered about the hood vs. grille emblem myself. I have a 2003 Deville with the emblem on the grille, my friend has an '03 Deville with the same location(grille). I also know another person with a 2001 Deville..his is on the hood. I prefer the grille emblem over the hood ornament just because there's usually a punk kid out there waiting to rip it off. I always thought the location was determined by the year....earlier Devilles have the hood ornament from my experience.
Just a thought.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,290 Posts
I have always loved the stand up hood crests since they came out in the 70's, though they are a target and a punk magnet. I've only lost one.

·
Registered
2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)
1,915 Posts
big daddy caddy is the best place to get stuff like logos and such.
i got two of my caddys done by some stuipd street punks and lost all the emblems, big daddy caddy got me new ones fast! and they are real genuine gm parts ( with gm bag and serial code)

·
Registered
'95 Concours Deville
4 Posts
as much as I would like to have a stand up ornament, where i live, im sure it would have been swiped by now. Plus the grille ornament is stealthy..

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
5,015 Posts
Get a Gold Edition DTS and you will have both of the ornaments in gold and a body color grille, in 2002 anyways.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts