Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
05 Cadillac STS
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to buy rotors. how do i tell if i have the standard suspention or the heavy duty suspention ? Or does it matter ?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,688 Posts
You probably will need the standard the heavy duty is for Limo's, Hearse's etc. Count the lug nuts on your wheels.

5 lugs is standard
8 lugs is heavy duty

·
Registered
2015 XTS AWD - Black inside and out
286 Posts
yea, what 00 deville said. I recently purchased rotors for my 03 and that was one question I was asked.

·
Registered
deville
41 Posts
you didnt state what year your deville is the older devilles did have different suspension codes the newer devilles have standard suspension that theres only one certain part number for front or rear, ROTORS or PADS.if yours happens to be older deville theres a sticker that shold be in the trunk spare tire cover on the top of sticker it says service identification sticker and theres a bunch of odd ball letters and numbers the parts store should tell you what code to look for on that service id tag...also somtimes that id sticker can be in glove compartment.if you cant find it you can also call dealer and they will find thru vin.just keep in mind that if your deville is not a limo,OR ARMORED VEHICLE YOU SHOULD HAVE STANDARD SUSPENSION.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts