Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my drivers side window broke today, im having trouble getting the drivers side door panel off, i have the screw out behind the handle and the lock button off, i pulled the panel loose all the way around but it seems like theres something around the arm rest area holding it, any tips on how to remove it will be a great help, i pulled it like hell but im afraid im gonna break something
i also here that there is a cotter pin method to repair the regulator , i did a search but cant find it, any one have a link

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
18,724 Posts
ok my drivers side window broke today, im having trouble getting the drivers side door panel off, i have the screw out behind the handle and the lock button off, i pulled the panel loose all the way around but it seems like theres something around the arm rest area holding it, any tips on how to remove it will be a great help, i pulled it like hell but im afraid im gonna break something
i also here that there is a cotter pin method to repair the regulator , i did a search but cant find it, any one have a link
-----------------------
Deville window fix -
go to post #38
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-tech-tips/70894-deville-window-regulator-motor-repair-howto.html

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i pulled it apart and epoxyed the little ball back in place, works so far
as far as the cotter pin method it might look good in pictures but it really does not help any in my opinion, the ends of the cotter pin are too far from the ball on the wire and really do nothing

·
Registered
3 Posts
DO NOT pull on it, you'll break it. Lift it off. Once it's off you'll see why.
I have the same problem as your previous reader but ii cannot lift it off to save my life. I gave it everything I have and it will not budge. I know there is something holding it near the door handle, just cant see it.

·
18,724 Posts
I have the same problem as your previous reader but ii cannot lift it off to save my life. I gave it everything I have and it will not budge. I know there is something holding it near the door handle, just cant see it.
=======================
watch this video -

do NOT use this method for repairing the regulator -
the COTTER PIN method is MUCH easier - and PERMANENT -

·
Registered
965 Posts
=======================
watch this video -

do NOT use this method for repairing the regulator -
the COTTER PIN method is MUCH easier - and PERMANENT -
That's a interesting take on the situation Bass. I replaced mine last month and it took me all of five minutes to install a new regulator. ($18 and I know it may not last) The door panel comes off either way. The cotter pin method is even easier?

·
18,724 Posts
That's a interesting take on the situation Bass. I replaced mine last month and it took me all of five minutes to install a new regulator. ($18 and I know it may not last) The door panel comes off either way. The cotter pin method is even easier?
========================
The cotter pin method is even easier?
absolutely!
you slip the cotter pins over the cable - one on each side of the lead bead -
then put them through the holes - and spread them apart -
I also crimped the little tabs over the cable -
this is a permanent repair -

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
basscatt