Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front right side of the CV axle is messed up which is making it impossible to turn the vehicle . I wanted to know what replacement part would fit for my 2003 Cadillac Deville. I also was hoping for tips in repairing the CV axle. Thanks!

·
Registered
2000 Deville Base, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
1,061 Posts
What are your concerns about your axle and what do you want to repair. I am a expert in axle repair and work for the best axle and driveshaft rebuilder on the east coast. There are three parts to the axle at the hub side, the race, the cage and ball bearings. Steering issues are not really caused by a bad axle. Are you sure it's not the rack?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure. I was driving and hit a pothole. I accidently turned the wheel while stuck in the pothole and heard a pop noise. Now when I am backing out of a parking space it is very difficult to turn the wheels a certain way when backing out.

·
Registered
2000 Deville Base, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
1,061 Posts
Not enough info to go on. You have to get the car on a lift and asses the damage where ever or whatever it may be.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Are you sure it is the CV axle that was damaged? It sounds rather like some issue with steering components, perhaps rack mount was damaged or the tie rods out of shape now?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts