Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2003 Deville base
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 03 deville base and was thinking about changing the standard radio cd player to update to a touchscreen navigation,and the other stuff that goes with it....anybody ever done this... where to find the touchscreen...how much for it?

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,322 Posts
You need to talk to the guys at Crutchfield. It's NOT a plug & play job - the head unit is part of the vehicle TheftLock, content security, and serial data bus systems. You need the correct jumpers and harnesses to keep the original HU in the loop - in the trunk - or you lose all sorts of functions.

The change also depends on the "quality" level of the current sound system. There were 3 or 4 options available.

·
Registered
555 Posts
This is what I did.
You will need a Metra GMOS-06, an antenna adaptor, and a dash adaptor kit. With these three parts you should be able to install any stereo you want, I also got an aswc-1 to retain the steering wheel controls and a Sirius xm tuner for the satellite radio, but these are optional and not necessary to make the stereo work.

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
Very simple to do. I did my 2000 Deville in one hour. It actually is a plug and play. When you get the harness you want to use and wire it to your new radio it just plugs into your existing harness.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
18,724 Posts
i have an 03 deville base and was thinking about changing the standard radio cd player to update to a touchscreen navigation,and the other stuff that goes with it....anybody ever done this... where to find the touchscreen...how much for it?
========================
if you are referring to the original Cadillac OEM navigation radio - DON'T BOTHER -
sure - it CAN be done - HOWEVER -
the end result is that you have a navigation system with out-dated maps -
the NEWEST maps are from 2008 and will never be updated again -

I'd go with the unit RON93 has -

·
Registered
965 Posts
========================
if you are referring to the original Cadillac OEM navigation radio - DON'T BOTHER -
sure - it CAN be done - HOWEVER -
the end result is that you have a navigation system with out-dated maps -
the NEWEST maps are from 2008 and will never be updated again -

I'd go with the unit RON93 has -
Apple car play, Android auto, Garmin nav etc..all the latest tech and dead on accurate and very simple to use. Buying the Kenwood unit, the wiring harness (module), antenna adapt and face plate (that all you really need) the cost was about $650 with the installation.

·
Registered
965 Posts
btw Do not get robbed on installation if you do not do it yourself. It is very easy to do as I watched my guy do it and he charged me I think $90. I supplied all the parts with the radio. You can also add front and rear cameras to this unit as almost all aftermarkets do nowadays.

·
2003 Deville base
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You need to talk to the guys at Crutchfield. It's NOT a plug & play job - the head unit is part of the vehicle TheftLock, content security, and serial data bus systems. You need the correct jumpers and harnesses to keep the original HU in the loop - in the trunk - or you lose all sorts of functions.

The change also depends on the "quality" level of the current sound system. There were 3 or 4 options available.
shoot, forgot about the theftlock and stuff. thanks for the info.

·
2003 Deville base
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is what I did.
You will need a Metra GMOS-06, an antenna adaptor, and a dash adaptor kit. With these three parts you should be able to install any stereo you want, I also got an aswc-1 to retain the steering wheel controls and a Sirius xm tuner for the satellite radio, but these are optional and not necessary to make the stereo work.
thanks

·
2003 Deville base
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
2003 Deville base
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Apple car play, Android auto, Garmin nav etc..all the latest tech and dead on accurate and very simple to use. Buying the Kenwood unit, the wiring harness (module), antenna adapt and face plate (that all you really need) the cost was about $650 with the installation.
thanks

·
Registered
965 Posts
That would be the Kenwood 574s although I think it is now the 575s? Has all the bells and whistles and lightning fast navigation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
5 Participants
RON93