Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Cadillac DeVille that has the digital gauge for speed and I have to choose the RPM display on the bottom but I am wondering if it is possible to change the dashboard to the analog style with the traditional gauges. Any links to products or how-to's would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
555 Posts
It can be done, but it is not exactly plug and play. I think there are some modules that have to be changed, and, I could be wrong, the odometer is controlled by a chip in the display and not the pcm. Major surgery has to be done to change it so it will read right for your car. AND the dashpad and the wood trim has to come off to get at it.
Someone who's actually done it will know better.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I switched my 2004 Base from Digital to Analog. Very nice upgrade. I sourced mine online and found one that had miles within 1K of mine. That's all I needed. I read up on removing the dash pad. Getting the AC vents out were to most consuming. Once you figure out the tabs not so map. Unplug the old display and plug in the replacement analog.

The only issue I found was my 04 has the comfort package which includes memory sets. Those options don't show in the menus now. Access to a tech2 scanner could turn those features back on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It can be done, but it is not exactly plug and play. I think there are some modules that have to be changed, and, I could be wrong, the odometer is controlled by a chip in the display and not the pcm. Major surgery has to be done to change it so it will read right for your car. AND the dashpad and the wood trim has to come off to get at it.
Someone who's actually done it will know better.
- I didn't think that it would be easy to be honest. I admit I did think it would be plug and play but getting it all apart and installed was the part I thought would be the hardest. Guess I have my work cut out for me here if I decide to put the time in and do it. I keep thinking of putting my old 1990 Sedan Deville back together since I like that one much better than the 2003 Deville.

I switched my 2004 Base from Digital to Analog. Very nice upgrade. I sourced mine online and found one that had miles within 1K of mine. That's all I needed. I read up on removing the dash pad. Getting the AC vents out were to most consuming. Once you figure out the tabs not so map. Unplug the old display and plug in the replacement analog.

The only issue I found was my 04 has the comfort package which includes memory sets. Those options don't show in the menus now. Access to a tech2 scanner could turn those features back on.
- Thanks for the information. I appreciate the information. Gives me some things to consider.

·
Registered
965 Posts
- I didn't think that it would be easy to be honest. I admit I did think it would be plug and play but getting it all apart and installed was the part I thought would be the hardest. Guess I have my work cut out for me here if I decide to put the time in and do it. I keep thinking of putting my old 1990 Sedan Deville back together since I like that one much better than the 2003 Deville.

- Thanks for the information. I appreciate the information. Gives me some things to consider.

I did it on my 2000 Deville. Not bad at all. It is plug and play.

·
Super Moderator
86,087 Posts
Yeah that ^^^. I recall an old member(forgot his name) doing it years ago and he also said it was plug n play. You want a DHS or DTS cluster.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
18,724 Posts
the cluster from a 2000 through 2004 Seville
or a 2000 through 2005 Deville will both work -
HOWEVER - there are a few things to keep in mind -

MILEAGE is stored within the cluster and CAN NOT be changed with out a note from God -
SO - be sure to buy a cluster with similar mileage -
ebay is a great source - most sellers include the mileage in their listing -

clusters from a DTS model Deville or STS model Seville
will be looking for the active struts and shocks -
unless the cluster is changed - using a TECH2 scanner -
you WILL get warnings and error messages on the DIC
every time you turn the ignition ON -

clusters from 2000 and 2001
did not have TPMS - Tire Pressure Monitor System - activated -
this too is corrected using the TECH2 scanner -

the BEST solution would be to find a cluster from a 2002 through 2005 DHS model Deville - with the correct mileage -
THAT unit would be a direct plug-n-play -

you will also have to modify the trim covering the cluster -
it will be quite obvious what needs to be removed - use a Dremel type tool -

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
basscatt