Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Deville base
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so just the other day all of the sudden every time I start my car the air comes on for about 2 seconds and shuts off even though I always have it set completely off I have not messed with anything and don't have any codes what would this be caused from

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,147 Posts
Re: 2003 cadillac deville air issue

will it come back on if you choose to do so? Does it cool and heat? Can you hear the actuator door move if you cycle the temp up and down? If you have it set to off and it goes off, what is the problem?

·
Registered
2003 Deville base
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the heat and the air work just fine when I turn them on but when I have them completely off and shut the car off and then turn the car back on the air blows for 2 seconds and then shuts off then if I turn it on myself it works fine.it only happens when I start the car it cuts on for a second and shuts right off without me touching anything

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Try disconnecting BOTH battery cables and touching them together for a couple of seconds.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,183 Posts
If you have a FSM, read the theory or operation. I think I remember something about a purge at start up to remove any moisture left in the ducts. Sound familiar to anyone?

·
Registered
2003 Deville base
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do have a small pin hole leak in a AC line that I'm getting ready to fix perhaps that's why it's doing it

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,830 Posts
The car can be programmed (by a dealer) for afterblow - a 15 second run period a while after engine off - to dry the ducts and evaporator after A/C operation.

No reason why a refrigerant leak should cause a 2 second blower run at start.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts