Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 DeVille
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Deville. In March 2008, my A/C stopped working. I was told that my actuator needed to be replaced. It was replaced at that time, and the A/C worked fine for a while. About 8 months later, I began hearing the clicking noise from the dash vents that preceded the A/C failure in March 2008. When I took the car to the dealer, they told me that the actuator needed to be replaced. I told them that I just had it replaced in March. They said that this was another actuator. Are there two A/C actuators. Please help. I appreciate your assistance.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,551 Posts
There are several actuators. Start by pulling the DTC's. See the sdticky at the top of the forum page if you don't know how.

·
Registered
2003 Deville
1 Posts
I know this is an old post but i need some help with similar issues. Wife has 2003 deville - terrible clicking for a while with air coming out of which vent it felt like coming out of, my
blower motor has died now and i can't invest $1200 to $1500 (dealer quote) in to a car that isn't worth much more than that. I was wondering how many actuators and the locations, and maybe some insight on how to get them out and back in. thank you in advance

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
:welcome:

As posted, pull your codes to find out which one is faulty. There are a few threads in the tech tips section on their replacement.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,219 Posts
I know this is an old post but i need some help with similar issues. Wife has 2003 deville - terrible clicking for a while with air coming out of which vent it felt like coming out of, my
blower motor has died now and i can't invest $1200 to $1500 (dealer quote) in to a car that isn't worth much more than that. I was wondering how many actuators and the locations, and maybe some insight on how to get them out and back in. thank you in advance
===============================
first step check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes -

if you don't know how - go here and read the ENTIRE post -

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...ncluding-1985/138257-how-pull-codes-dtcs.html

if you have any codes - post them here -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -

-----------------------

my blower motor has died now
if you are handy - and have a few tools -
you can replace the blower motor yourself -
IF the blower motor is actually bad -
it could be a bad ground -

check in the TechTips forum for actuators and blower motor -
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-tech-tips-how-fix/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts