Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently went to start CTS and wouldn't start right up. After a few tries, started up but theft light stayed on when started until engine was shut off and re-started. This happened once before, but didn't think anything of it as it was a very cold winter day and started after a couple of tries. Checked my onboard computer and came upon code P1629H, Theft Deterrent System-Cranking Signal. What causes this to happen and what can I do to correct this situation and prevent it from happeing again. Also, is this something that can be corrected by myself or will I have to bring it in to the dealership? If so, what does it run to fix this.

Thanks

·
Registered
Cadillac
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has been fine since this happened (last weekend), but I had recently began using my second key because my first key cadillac emblem came off. When this happened before, I was using the first but I can't recall if the theft light came on and stayed on after it started.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,820 Posts
You may have to have your CTS relearn the second key.

I hope others will chime in if I am wrong. But the way to relearn your second key is to insert your first key. Turn to the ON position with out starting the car. Wait a few seconds, turn it back off and take the key out. Insert the second key and do the same thing, though this time you may start it. You must have the second key in with in less than 10 seconds of having the first key out.

Good luck.

KOT

·
Registered
2006 CTS 3.6L
89 Posts
Not sure on the CTS since it hasn't happened yet, but on a honda (wife's) if the battery goes dead it can forget the key code giving you the same type of security error. If your lucky just getting the car started and driving for awhile it well re-learn and the light well go out, if not the dealer can recode. I thought it was the pretty much the same on most newer cars.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
I had the same issue, then the windows locked
and the 4 ways stayed on, brought it to the
dealer and after 2attempts they put in a
splice harness that fixed the problem,
search for pritty much the same title of your
post and my thread should pop up.
the part number is in the thread as well.
Mine happened when I tried to run the power
wire for my subs, after that happened I
decided bose is great and sold the subs....
shoulda kept them...they were loud...possibly
The loudest I've heard in a daily driver

1 - 7 of 7 Posts